Easy accounting services can complete your VAT returns for you, take the stress out of VAT returns today.
- preparation and submission of VAT returns
- assistance with VAT registration;
- advice on VAT planning and administration;
- use of the most appropriate scheme;
- VAT control and reconciliation;
Contact us for more information.
What does HMRC Say?
V.A.T. registered businesses must:
- keep records of sales and purchases and
- keep a separate summary of V.A.T. called a V.A.T. account and
- issue correct V.A.T. invoices
You must keep V.A.T. records for at least 6 years (or 10 years if you use the VATMOSS service.
You can keep V.A.T. records on paper, electronically or as part of a software program (eg book-keeping software). Records must be accurate, complete and readable.
If you’ve lost a V.A.T. invoice or it is damaged and no longer readable, ask the supplier for a duplicate (marked ‘duplicate’).
HMRC can visit your business to inspect your record keeping and charge you a penalty if your records aren’t in order.